Ability to make decisions and take responsibility
Given the thousands of decisions we make every day, having good decision-making skills is fundamental to a productive life. Decisions define our future but choosing well takes knowledge and skill. Decision making is the process of selecting a logical choice from the available options, weighting the positives and negatives of each option, and considering all the alternatives in order to determine which option is the best for that particular situation.
Learning decision skills provides the opportunity to increase positive outcomes while decreasing the consequences of failure. Decision making skills cross all disciplines and are transferable to any job or career and a vital skill for success.
Good decision making skills lead to
- measurable progress toward long term goals
- Increased decision making confidence
- Consideration and creation of more options
- Being able to manage emotions toward achieving desired outcomes
- Increasing ability to imagine and project possible consequences
- Increased objectivity and use of information and evidence
In short: Improving your decision making skills accelerates gaining knowledge that will make your choices more effective.