Enthusiasm and Self-motivation
Motivation is the force that drives you to do things. It is one of the three areas of personal skills that are integral to the concept of emotional intelligence (self-awareness, self-regulation and motivation). It is what pushes us to achieve our goals, makes us feel more fulfilled, and improves our quality of life in personal and professional aspects.
Understanding and developing your self-motivation can help you to take control of many aspects of your life.
Motivation consists of
- personal drive to achieve goals or to meet certain standards
- commitment to personal or professional goals
- initiative or the ‘readiness to act on opportunities’
- optimism which is the ability to keep going and pursue goals in the face of setbacks
Self-motivation helps you face challenges in all aspects of life. The steps for developing your self-motivation are:
- becoming aware of your situation
- analyzing your strengths and weaknesses
- accepting reality
- focusing on achieving specific results